Adams County Public Hospital District #2 provides emergent prehospital patient care through its Emergency Medical Services Department. The District operates four fully equipped ambulances, with units stationed in Ritzville and Washtucna. The ambulances are manned by on call EMT's, located within the communities, 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. The District currently has 14 EMT's on staff for ambulance coverage. As a commitment to providing a high level of prehospital care the District provides uniforms, equipment and ongoing training to the EMT's in order to maintain compliance with regulations and standards of care.
Recent highlights and improvements within the EMS department include:
- Two new EMT-B's added to the Department in 2015
- New AED's have been added to all Ambulances
- The new Ambulance building in 2014/15
- A new bariatric stretcher
- A new ambulance to add to our fleet
Looking ahead in 2018, the District EMT's are continuing with their efforts to improve and update the EMS services provided by the District.
- EMT involvement in the Counties LEPC and EMS/TA committees
- Technology upgrades for improved dispatching and reporting
- Adding to our group of EMT's
For information or questions about EMS services, EMT classes, or CPR classes contact: EMS Coordinator at 509-659-1200 ext 216.