What type of test is performed?
- We don't administer antibody tests at this time. We perform a deep nasal swab test for active infections only.
How and when will I get results?
- You will put your address on an envelope for us, and we will mail them to you after we have received them
- if you need them earlier let us know at time of test and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Drive-thru COVID-19 Testing is open to persons seeking results for:
- Contact Tracing (your employer, the health department, or other entity has referred you because you have been, or may have been, exposed to COVID-19)
- Travel Clearance
- Surgery Clearance (your doctor can fax an order to us, or bring you can bring it with you)
- Physician Order (if you have an order from your doctor, you may bring it for Drive-thru Testing)
If you feel you are experiencing COVID symptoms, you may call for an appointment with one of our providers - these are our options for appointments for your convenience:
1. Arrive between 8:00 am and 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday, for a same-day encounter to be tested
- Park your car out front and call 509-659-1200 and let us know you are having COVID symptoms and would like to be seen
- A medical professional will meet you at your car to assess and determine the need for an appointment and/or test, write the order, and direct you for immediate testing
2. You may call and make an appointment to be seen by a provider for the assessment at a scheduled time
- Your appointment can be in our office or via Tele-Health if you have a smart phone or home computer with a camera
3. Consult your healthcare provider if you believe you need tested for reasons other than stated above. We must have an order to perform a test.
Call 509-659-1200 to schedule an appointment
What do I need to bring to my COVID testing?
- Insurance Cards: $0 out-of-pocket cost with most insurance or federal program for uninsured2; if you don't have insurance we'll ask for your Social Security Card, Driver's License or State ID
- Pre-Registration Form (see below)(if possible)
1. Patients under age 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
2. Most insurances will not require co-pay, co-insurance or deductible for COVID-19 tests. We are required to bill your insurance first, after which we can apply any balance to a federal program for payment
3. Please print the Registration Form, complete and bring with you to save time. You may call 509-659-1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a copy mailed, faxed or emailed to you
Drive Thru testing availability may be limited due to capacity and weather conditions, accommodations will be made but may result in a longer wait time.